Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Imaginary Friend?

Skylar has made a new friend. She told me the other day that she has a ghost friend, but she is a nice ghost. I asked if she was an angel and Skylar said, "No, just a ghost, but she is nice." Skylar proceeded to tell me all about her new friend. She is three years old, almost four. She has white hair, wears a white shirt, white pants and a white hat. She lives in the ground, somewhere in Las Vegas (she wants to show me where next time we go visit Sarah.) She is not sure how she made her home in the ground, but she knows she lives under the grass. I asked Skylar what her name was and she said she didn't know. I told her to ask her the next time she saw her. She asked, and her friends name is Sky. Skylar told me that Sky comes to sleep with her sometimes and the nights that she does, Skylar does not have nightmares, but when she doesn't come she sometimes has nightmares. Skylar also said that she comes at night most the time, but sometimes she comes during the day and then they like to talk and have races. Sky also likes to make new friends and read books. She has a ghost bike that she rides when Skylar rides her bike. She also likes to play with her dog named Annie.

I am not sure when or why Skylar has created this new friend (because the new baby maybe?), but she has been talking about her for a few days now. It has been fun to talk to her about it, because she has so many details. Has anyone else delt with imaginary friends?

9 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so cute. Anistyn has one. Since she started calling herself Anistyn (instead of Annie), her imaginary friend's name is Annie. She talks about her all of the time.

Mom in Orem said...

Several of you kids had imaginary friends. I wish I could remember who. What I do remember is that the friend was fun to talk about and occupied several hours of the day.

Skylar has managed to imagine a lot of details. She is brilliant!

Derek and Jannette said...

Too funny!! Kids are so entertaining, I tell you what. I love that they love to tell everything in a lot of detail.

Janette

Rina said...

My niece had a friend- but none of my kids so far. Do you ever wonder if she is really seeing someone?

Natalie said...

My boys have never done that. Very cute though. What an imagination!

Mandos said...

Ashlyn had imaginary friends. I say friends because she kept changing the name or sometimes even the sex. She never thought she did though it was always the same friend in her mind.

ScoundrelLV said...

Wow such detail. Can't wait to see what she can come up with when she starts writing.

Amy and Kody said...

Hey Marnie! This is Amy Holyoak remember me? I found your blog through Jannette. Your girl's have gotten so big and your little boy is darling! I am going to add you to my blogger friends i hope thats ok.

Haley Worthington said...

hey i found your blog :) savannah had a friend her name was patty she was with us for a good two years before she moved back with her mom and dad,she also had a ghost friend, when we moved from are last home she started crying when we got in the car to leave for the last time and said why do we have to leave the grandma. the lady who lived there before died in the house.