Sunday, August 23, 2009

What Fun Is!

Kory took work off this last Wednesday so that we could go to Lagoon as a family. We decided to leave Holland at home since he is too young to go on many rides. Thanks Grandma Ann for staying with him all day!
It was a perfect day to go to Lagoon. Channel 2 news had 2 for 1 tickets all last week, so we got all four of us in for the price of two! It was a beautiful day, not too hot. And it wasn't too crowded. We had fun taking the girls on all the rides. The only bad part was Kory and I couldn't go on some of our favorite rides because the girls were not tall enough. We had a great day together though.

Skylar was such a big sister and went with Kortnie on all the rides she was scared to go on by herself.


The Train!


Bumper cars!


Then this weekend we went to our ward campout. We got all packed up on Friday morning and then Kory left with the kids. I was meeting him there after I got off work. They had a talent show that night and I was trying to make it in time for the show, but there was a HUGE accident at Parley's Summit and it literally took me 1.5 hours to go 2 miles. I missed the whole show and by the time I got there. I was so sad because the girls did a dance with a bunch of the other primary girls and Kory did a lip sync with some of the Elders quorum that I was told was the hit of the night.
Holland wasn't feeling very well and cried for about two hours after I got there. We finally got him to sleep and I was able to enjoy some time around the campfire before going to bed. Saturday morning the ward had an awesome breakfast for all of us. Then we took the kids on a short hike. The girls spent the next hour our so playing with the rocks in the ampitheatre. Holland just had a fun time eating dirt.


Skylar's Rock City


Kortnie and Friends rock bench


Holland - you can't tell so much in the picture but he is really dirty!

We stayed at the campout until about lunch time then packed up and came home to get cleaned up and head to a pool party and Kory's brothers house. The kids and I had a blast playing in the pool with cousins.

It has been a fun and busy weekend.

6 comments:

Mom in Orem said...

How did you ever have time to get this blog up. Honestly you are amazing to me, especially now that I live with you and see all that you do!

Amy and Mike said...

Besides being stuck in traffic and missing the talent show it sounds like you guys had a pretty fun week. I'm glad you've been able to enjoy this last bit of the summer.

Monica said...

How fun! It's good to hear that you had a good time. That's frustrating about the trafic and then Holland crying, but all in all sounds good.

Holly said...

That looked like so much fun! Maybe next year I will convince E to go and do that... ;)

Rachel said...

Fun!!! We did that last week too. I'm with you--missed most of my favorite rides, but it was fun watching the kids have fun. Cute pics!

Mandos said...

Sounds like a crazy fun week! Loved the rock city. Kids are so funny!