Wednesday, September 30, 2009

All the Colors of the Rainbow

Yesterday was a great day. We tried to enjoy one of the last nice days this year and we went to Wheeler Farm as soon as kindergarten and preschool ended. We packed a lunch and enjoyed the farm.

Eating Lunch.


Feeding the Geese.


Loving the Tree House!


Can you say CHEESE!
And then my camera battery died so I didn't get to take pictures of any of the animals :( We enjoyed looking at the pigs, cows, goats, sheep, chicken and rabbits. We also got to go on the tractor ride.

When we got home it was time to clean out the garden to get it ready for winter. Skylar and I worked hard to get all the vegetables.

Here are the fruits (or veggies!) of our labor.

I was really proud of our garden this year. This is our third year having a garden and I do NOT have a green thumb. This is the best year we have had and it makes me excited for next year. We have enjoyed tons of zucchini and lots more tomatoes. We have also had some corn and I had lettuce grow also. Hurray for the garden!


Some of our green tomatoes sitting in our window seal to ripen.

A close up.

Holland was done for the day! He came in and fell asleep on my kitchen floor while I was washing all the food. His sisters made sure to add the blanket over the top of him!

7 comments:

Mandos said...

Your veggies look great! Exceptionally your carrots! You shou7ld have seen mine! They where horrible!
I loved the pic of Holland on the floor. It's a good thing he has such wonderful sisters to watch over him! :)

Rina said...

Mmmmm..veggies. Our garden was pathetic this year...so sad!

Amy and Mike said...

What funny picutes of Holland. He sure looked exhausted. I'm glad your garden produced so much this year. We are looking forward to the time when we can have a garden and get some fresh produce. What a fun picnic day at the farm as well.

Team Schiele said...

So glad you were able to enjoy the warm while it lasted. Your garden goodies look great! I think your potatoes did better than ours this year!

Team Schiele said...

So glad you were able to enjoy the warm while it lasted. Your garden goodies look great! I think your potatoes did better than ours this year!

ScoundrelLV said...

It is always a good idea to get out and enjoy the day. What a great way to do it at Wheeler farm. I am impressed with your garden. I know Mark and I want to try in the spring. Your Holland is just precious. He has some great big sisters too.

Monica said...

Sounds like a buisy day. I love the picture of Holland asleep on the floor. That's funny. Your Carrots look great. We got 3 and they were about an inch long. What a fun day