Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Kory

Yesterday was Kory's birthday, and I did not have a chance to blog so this is a little late. I can't believe that I have been around to celebrate 12 of Kory's birthdays. It is crazy for me to think about, but I am privileged to have had that chance.

Kory took the day off work for his special day - something he does every year. We always have a great day just hanging out and spending time together. Yesterday was no different.
After getting Skylar on the bus, I made breakfast for Kory. He requested eggs, hash browns, bacon and English muffins. After cooking and preparing I got ready for my doctors appointment that I had that morning (just another follow-up for the baby).

After my appointment we picked up his mom and went to lunch with all the kids. We had a great time. The best part of the day though was going out for a date that night. It seems like we never have enough chances to hang out as just a couple and it is one of the only things Kory asked for as a gift. We went and saw Avatar (finally!) and we both really enjoyed it. Then we went to dinner at Mimi's Cafe. Kory loves their Jambalaya and it didn't fail to impress this time! It was so nice to hang out and have that adult conversation! I love my husband and it was so great to spend some one-on-one time with each other.

Kory, I hope you had a fabulous day, and a fabulous year to come. I love you! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Happy Birthday to Kory. It sounds like you guys had a really nice day. It is nice just to relax and spend time together.

Mandos said...

Glad that Kory had a nice day! Happy Birthday Kory!

Michelle Jones said...

He's a really sweet husband. I love that he only really wanted to just BE with YOU on HIS birthday.

Becca said...

you guys are so dang awesome. I love your picture! And Congrats on #4...miss you guys! :)

Monica said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Happy birthday a little late Kory.