Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Is it done YET!?!

I am sitting here listening to the sounds of a saw and wondering if my basement will ever be done. I think this process is one of the most frustrating things to have to sit through. We have been almost done for 3 weeks now and it is frustrating.
Everyday, Kory comes home from work, hugs the family and heads downstairs to see what has been accomplished. Some days it seems that our contractor will work all day long, but when we go down to see what had changed, we can't find much. I am tired of my house being in upheaval! I am tired of my parking in my driveway instead of my garage. I am tired of noise and dust and wondering when and how long my contractor will stay! Argh! I am so grumpy because it is not done!
Ok, now that I have that off my chest, I must say I am very excited for the end product. I have been happy with the work that is being done and can't wait to spend time in our family room. I can't wait to move the girls down to their new room and I can't wait to do some major spring cleaning in the rest of the house. Hopefully, only a couple more days! And the best part of this is that we have not had to do the work!

Speaking of things not being done yet ...

Here is a picture of my 26 week belly. I think I feel about the same way towards pregnancy as I do about my basement. I am not one of those women who enjoy being pregnant. I hate being sick in the beginning, I hate being tired all the time. I hate gaining weight, I hate the aches and pains that come with it. I do however, LOVE the end product. I am about 14 weeks away from holding a beautiful new baby. I love the feeling that comes with a new baby. I love the smell of new babies. I am excited to find out if this is a boy or a girl. I am excited to think about a name (with meaning - for Kory). I am so glad that I decided to have this last baby be a surprise. It is fun to think about what the moment will be like in the hospital when the baby finally comes. I feel like it is just one more thing to look forward to. Although I am only going to get bigger and more uncomfortable I am trying very hard to enjoy this last part!

4 comments:

Mom in Orem said...

The basement is going to be beautiful and even though not completely done the children are already having fun. You are a trooper and handling all these frustrating things well. Patience is the hardest virtue for most of us.

Holly said...

I remember when we finished our basement in CO. I felt the same way...hang in there. ;) Your belly is too cute. Wish I had looked like that when I was preggos. XOXO

Mandos said...

Llove the comparison of waiting for your basement and waiting for baby. So ture! It seams like anything worth having takes time and patience. But before long you will be holding that sweat baby in your basement!! Can't wait!

Monica said...

Remeber how long it took just to do the two rooms Al did? Now your getting your whole basement done, and like you said, you don't have to do any of the work this time. So Smile!

You are such a cute pregnant lady.