Numbers are here for us to keep track of things. This week is my 30 week. Starting with last Friday and ending tomorrow. Last Friday I was officially 30 weeks pregnant. Tomorrow I turn 30 years old. I have had a fun time finding quotes about this milestone and thinking about what it means to me personally.
I remember back in high school thinking that 30 was so OLD. Now that I am here it doesn't feel old at all. In fact in some ways I feel like I was just in high school and now that is 12 years and more behind me. I now feel like at 30 I have so much more life experience, more wisdom, more stress, more fun - just more. I am proud to be 30. It is awesome.
I found a great sale on diapers and went and bought some little ones for the new baby. It made it feel SO real. I keep feeling like it is so far away and yet I only have 10 weeks left. It is fun to think that at 30 weeks pregnant I am so close to having this new life in my family. I am getting so excited.
Here are some of my favorite quotes about turning 30.
"30 is the new 20, unless your 20, then it's the new 40."
"Everything I know I learned after I was thirty."
"Age 30 is a moment of truth when certain realities of life firmly take hold."
"The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits."
Here is to 30 more years! I hope I feel this young at 60.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
What's in a number?
Posted by Marnie at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
No fair that you look that cute at 30 weeks! And Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!
I'll be 48 soon, and still feel like I'm 20, 30, 40....I'm glad you are enjoying every stage you are in. I was just thinking the other day that in a few years, I'll get the Senior discount, alright!
Happy Birthday!
How funny that you are 30 weeks prego and turning 30. I bet that does'nt happen to often! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day! Thirty is Awesome!
Don't worry 30 is old. I'm glad to know I'm only 2 years older, I thought I was a lot older - your old age is making me feel young! Thanks. Happy Birthday :)st
Love it! Have an awesome birthday!
Happy Birthday! You're entering 30's and I'm leaving it. Loved my 30's! :) I guess it all depends o you old you feel. ;)
Happy Birthday tomorrow. Welcome to the 30 club.:) I can't believe you are 30 weeks already. It is coming so fast. We hope you have a great birthday.
Happy birthday Marnie! Cute pictures!
Marnie, I hope your 30th was a great birthday. My little niece was born yesterday. Good day. I had my 4th child at the age of 30 too. I wish I looked as good as you do at 30 weeks pg. People think I'm full term by then. Not fair!
Happy way late birthday! What did you do to celebrate? I love your prego pictures. You are such a cute pregnant lady!
Wow time flies. Thirty is a great stage in life, and I can't wait till I am 30 weeks pregnant. Happy belated birthday and Mothers Day!
Post a Comment