I have been so negligent of my blog! I can't believe it is already almost the middle of July and I didn't even have one post for June.
June was a busy and fun month. We started the month off with seconds. Skylar lost her second tooth and I had a second ultra sound.
Skylar made sure that the Tooth Fairy knew where to put the money this time. We didn't want the sadness of not finding the money right when she woke up. She set a special spot on her dresser and told us to let the Tooth Fairy know that the money was to go there.
I also got to go in for a second ultra sound for the baby. I was measuring three weeks ahead and my midwife was concerned that the baby was breech so she sent me in to double check the positioning and size of the baby. It was so fun to see the baby this far along. The features were easier to see and at one point during the visit it even looked like the baby was waving to us. Luckily everything looked good. The baby was in position and unfortunately for me was still measuring to deliver around my original due date. I usually go late, but since I was measuring ahead had hopes that maybe this time would be different.

It finally started warming up so we took the opportunity to take an afternoon and go to the splash park with some friends from the neighborhood. The kids had a great time and it was nice for me to sit and visit with friends.
That same day we took advantage of free admission to the Natural History Museum up at the University of Utah. We met my two sisters up there and the kids had so much fun looking at all the cool stuff. This was one of their favorite things - if you put coins in the dinosaurs mouth it would talk to you. They thought it was really cool. They also liked all the bugs and the rocks.

This is a slightly random shot, but we were cleaning out the garage and getting out all the clothes for summer and I found these adorable cowboy boots for Holland. They were his size, but he has really wide feet, so I got him to put them on long enough to get a picture!

I also had Skylar and Kortnie in swim lessons. I was introduced to their teacher Callee through my friend Adrienne and the kids LOVE her. This is their third summer and they love it! They are not great swimmers, but I do it more for them to have fun. They do get better every year though.
Skylar's school had an end of year carnival for the families. We went as a family night, but I forgot to pull the camera out until the end when Skylar was on the rock wall. She was so excited to go up it and she did a pretty great job.
Skylar also had a class presentation at the end of the year where they put on a zoo for the parents. They had to dress up as a morphed animal (two animals from two different animal classifications). Skylar dressed up as a cheetah and a butterfly. Then they needed to know three things about their animal and tell the parents as they came by. Then they sang a couple of songs and got completion certificates from their teacher. This picture is Skylar with her teacher Mrs. Thayer - she is an amazing teacher and we will miss her so much! Skylar is very excited to be moving on to first grade though.

39 weeks and still pregnant!
Kortnie learned to ride a two-wheeler! Kory has worked with her a couple of times, but she was over at my neighbor Michelle's house and she was going to help repair her bike when Kortnie asked if she could try it without the training wheels. One afternoon with Michelle and now she is a pro! She was so excited to show us. Kory took her out and she just needed a little of his help to get started, but now she is doing great!
40 weeks and 1 day. Still pregnant!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
What happened to June?
Posted by Marnie at 4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have been BUSY! Love how cute you looked preggos! :) Oh and those boots are too much... ;o)
Yeah, Holland is a stud in those boots! :) So Skylar to think up a better system for the toothfairy. TOO funny!
Way to go Kortney on the two wheeler!
Post a Comment