George Willyns Denos
May 7, 1929 - July 14, 2010
Kory's Dad passed away on July 14, 2010. He went in for surgery to have a stint put into his kidney on July 6, 2010 the same day that Lukas was born. It was an in and out procedure, but his body somehow got infected and he was unable to recover. It was a whirlwind of a week for us. We knew that he had gone in for the surgery and Kory had called in and checked on him and his mom, but we didn't really realize that he was not doing well because we were so busy with the new baby. Kory decided to go visit Monday night and he found out that his dad was not doing well at all. Tuesday, Kory was called to go over and give him a blessing with his other brothers and when he got there his dad had slipped into a coma. He called me and I went right over with the kids and the baby. We all got to say our goodbyes and then after a while I took the kids home. While I was gone, Kory said that the home hospice company sent a harpist in to play for Dad and that it was a very spiritual experience. Later that night I went back to be together with the family. We all knew his time was short and wanted to be together. We talked and sang and just tried to comfort one another. I went home and went to bed around 10:00 pm and Kory stayed until after midnight, but with no changes, he came home and went to bed also. He got a call around 2:00 am that his Dad was gone. He went back over to the house while I stayed home with all the kids.
Over the next week we spent a lot of time together as a family and shared our favorite stories about Dad. We listened to him singing on CD's that had been recorded. We planned and got ready for the funeral. It was a busy and hard week. His funeral was held on Monday, July 19, 2010. It was a beautiful service.
We are so sad that Dad and Grandpa are gone, but we are glad that it was quick and that he did not have to suffer for long. I am most sad that Lukas did not get to meet his Grandpa and learn what an amazing man he was named after. Dad was an amazing person. I loved to sit and listen to him tell stories about his life, or sit around the piano and listen to him sing. He was always positive and saw the good in everything and everyone. I loved being with him and getting to know him. I can't wait until it will be possible to see him again.


3 comments:
Marnie,
That was a beautiful tribute for your father-in-law. I'm sorry for your loss.
I am so sorry to hear that, cousin. Hugs to you and your extended family.
Thanks Marnie, that was really sweet and brought tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment