Thursday, February 17, 2011

Proud Mommy Moments

Skylar is growing up SO fast. She is smart and funny and FULL of ATTITUDE! This last week I had two little moments with her. The first one made me laugh the second one made me proud.
Moment 1 -

I was teaching her how to make pancakes and she was working on "flipping" the pancakes over on the griddle. She had a mishap with one of the pancakes and then looked at me and said:
"Mom, when I grow up I am going to be the best flipper EVER!"
The look on her face was priceless, she was so serious about learning how to make the pancakes.

Moment 2 -
We were coming home from school yesterday and the girl that we carpool with is not a member of the church. I don't even know how the conversation started, but the next thing I know Skylar is explaining to her friend all about the church. She told her about the Holy Ghost and the Prophet and about primary. She was being a great missionary and I could feel the spirit in the car. It was amazing to hear her answer her friends questions - most of the time with better answers then what I was thinking in my head. I am so grateful that she has a testimony of the gospel and is not afraid to share what she knows to be true. It gave me a great opportunity to talk to her about being a missionary and listening to the Holy Ghost. I was so impressed by her and wish I had her courage! 

3 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

What a cute girl. You and Kory must have taught her well so that she could be such a good missionary.

Christina said...

Way to go Mommy!! That shows that you are doing a GREAT job raising your kiddos! And good job on the kitchen help! I need to be better at that. I usually just chase my kids out!!

Michelle Jones said...

Whoa you got in a lot of posts since I read your blog last. Man what kind of friend am I?
I love Skylar, she's an old soul, and that's a really good and rare thing.