Friday, August 15, 2008

Called to Serve and other happenings

My sister Melodee left on her mission on Wednesday. She will be serving in the Texas, Fort Worth mission and we are so proud of her. She will be an awesome missionary. We had the chance to spend a lot of time with her in the last couple weeks and it has been so much fun. Last Thursday we went to the Tracy Aviary with the girls and some friends of mine. Both Melodee and I enjoyed seeing the pelicans and the flamingos. We also watched the bird show and ate lunch at the park. Then on Sunday, we went and listened to her talk in church and then enjoyed dinner with the family. Tuesday night we slept at my moms, so that I could go to her setting apart. We then had breakfst with the whole family and hung out until it was time to go to the MTC. It was hard to say goodbye, but I am sure the next year and a half will go by quickly. We will all be excited when her and Matt come home safely.

In other news, Skylar started preschool last week. The saturday before she started school I took her and Kortnie to get hair cuts. It was Kortnie's first hair cut and she had so much fun getting it cut. They both got about 3 inches cut off although you can't really tell on either of them. Skylar is loving school so far, and I am loving having her in school. She goes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 2 1/2 hours. It has been good for her and Kortnie to have small breaks from each other.

Holland is growing so fast. He was three months yesterday! He just started rolling over from his back to his stomach. It is fun to watch as he develops.

Tonight is my ten year high school reunion. I am excited to see some old friends and see how people have changed. It should be fun!

7 comments:

Christina said...

YAY! We are officially linked....well on my end anyway! I sent you an invite! You're blog is cute! LOVE the background!!!

Rachel said...

How exciting for your sister and your family. I'm sure she'll be a great missionary. And the girls look cute with their new haircuts!

Team Schiele said...

Hope you had as much fun at your reunion as I had at mine. It was fun to spend so much time together on Wednesday. Love you!

Mandos said...

Love your new slide show!

Mom in Orem said...

It was really great to watch the slide show and read your blog. I went into an earlier post and got a picture of Holland and sent it to Melodee. she wanted pictures of the family.

Kayleen said...

Hey Marnie! This is Travis' little sis, Katie. I saw your blog on Haley's. So fun to see pics of your fam and your little Holland!
I'm so excited for your sister! What an incredible experience it is to serve a mission. :)

Kayleen said...

PS. Did Kyle tell you guys we saw him and his family when were hiking to the Timpanogos Cave a couple weeks ago? It was pretty random, I recognized him and he was really surprised cause he hadn't seen me since I was a little kid. Tell Kory hi. :)