Kory and I spent the morning of New Year's Eve traveling to Houston. We left the girls with my family, but brought Holland with us. It was his first plane ride and he was so good. He was happy the whole time. In fact the lady in front of us didn't even know that she had a baby behind her until five minutes before we landed.
Here he is with daddy on the plane.
When we got to Houston Kory's brother picked us up and brought us back to his apartment. We spent the day relaxing, playing games, eating pizza, rocking out to Dick Clark, and enjoying all of Kory's family.
The next day we had a blast. We got to sleep late, then we went to a local park and the boys played basketball. Then the whole gang played a couple rounds of volleyball. It was the most fun I have had playing volleyball. Not to mention it was January 1st. and about 70 degrees outside. It was awesome. We then went for some authentic Texas BBQ and went and saw Valkyre. It was such a great day and we loved spending time with all of Kory's family.
Here is a picture of all of us. It was not the best picture I had, but it has the most people in it.
The next morning everyone packed up and headed to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl - the reason for the trip. Because I had Holland I stayed back in Houston and had a day and a half to myself. It was great - I slept, read, digi-scrapped, and watched girlie shows. Meanwhile everyone else had a great time traveling to the game. The Utes did not disappoint. It was a great game!




Final Score! Utah Wins!
Yesterday they all traveled back and when they got home we went to a sports bar to watch the Chargers v. Colts. Today is about more football - something the Denos family loves. Kory and I did make it to church this morning though and heard some wonderful testimonies from the saints here in Houston. It was a pleasure to attend their meeting. I am looking forward to more games and laughter. We fly home late Tuesday night and I am excited to see my girls again. I miss them!
Have a great day!




8 comments:
We had so much fun with your girls! They were angels. It was amazing how excited they were to go for a walk in 30 degree weather.
You should go on trips more often!
I am so glad you are having such a good time. Holland is so cute! It is always fun to see the pictures too. However, I am a little jealous of the weather. It was a high of 18 degrees today.
Mom brought the girls to Cecilia's for new years eve. I was so glad because my kids had more fun with them there.
I'm Glad you are having a good time! Love the picture with Kory under the score broad. Go Utes! Just got your kids from mom house tonight. They are so Hyper! I hope we can get them to sleep!
It looks like you had a good time! That is great! :)
I NEVER thought I'd say this but YAY!! for the Utes. And Yay for your getaway!! P.S. THANKS for all the referrals!!!!!
Marnie- can you email me your mom's # and address. Somehow I've lost them ;-(
Jeremy will be so jealous that you guys went. We almost did the same thing since Jer's from Houston and his family still lives there... but he couldn't get time off work.
Looks like it was a blast! JD did wear his little U of U jersey for the day.
Wow! I can't believe you guys went to the game! I love that last picture of Holland. He's growing up so fast.
Post a Comment